Thursday, April 7, 2016

Superheros, Cyphers, and McEurope

I've been reading though the Cypher System Rulebook and the Bulletproof Blues 2nd Edition rulebook and decided that I really don't want run Bulletproof Blues after all, but a superhero games does sound fun, so after bouncing it off of the prospective players I'm changing Saturday evening's Roll20 game to be a Cypher System game taking place in the Bulletproof Blues/Kalos Comics universe.  I'm looking forward to GMing the Cypher System.

The other Roll20 game I'm running for Saturday afternoon will be the continue of a Fantasy AGE one shot, which I'm not really looking forward to, but several of the players did ask and I've already had to push it back a week.

I really want to like the Fantasy AGE system, the rulebook was certainly a good read, but it just feels kinda blah to me in actual play and I think D&D 5th Edition does a much better job of the traditional McEurope fantasy genre for a game with some crunch to it. I'm looking forward to giving The Black Hack a try in the not to distant future to see how it stacks up.

No comments:

Post a Comment